Burris Company unveiled its new Eliminator LaserScope at the 2010 SHOT Show in Las Vegas recently. The new laser rangefinding riflescope integrates easily-programmable and customizeable automatic trajectory compensation with built-in rangefinding capability.
The 4X-12X-42mm Eliminator LaserScope features an integrated 800 yard rangefinder coupled with a very simple yet very accurate method of customizing the trajectory compensation capability to virtually any cartridge.
The Eliminator has 39 ballistic curves on board to select from and Burris provides a listing of nearly 600 factory loaded cartridges and the two digit ballistic curve number associated with each. A few clicks in the set up mode is all it takes to enter or change the ballistic curve to perfectly match your specific cartridge’s performance.
Burris has marketed their original LaserScope for four years having now field-proven it’s reliability under severe recoil and tough field conditions. The new Eliminator takes this proven technology to a new level of technology and begins a new era for precision long range hunting. In combining these technologies, the Eliminator LaserScope provides the following benefits:
- Eliminates the need for a separate hand held rangefinder.
- Eliminates the lasering inaccuracies associated with an unsteady handheld laser.
- Eliminates sometimes crucial seconds switching between an handheld unit and the rifle during times game is moving closer or further away.
- Eliminates estimating distance.
- Eliminates estimating holdover.
- Eliminates loosing a black crosshair on a dark target by providing a 1/3 MOA illuminated dot that is highly visible under any light condition.
- Eliminates the lack of confidence in making a long range ethical shot.
- Eliminates missing or wounding shots.
- Eliminates missing out on a once in a lifetime trophy. The Eliminator LaserScope is affordable at well under $1,000, and is of a size and weight that is workable for everyday field use.
The Burris Eliminator scope reticle is calibrated for your cartridge and can be fine-tuned to match your gun/cartridge combination. It automatically adjusts for bullet drop.
Also, the Eliminator delivers the extremely vivid, bright, and crystal clear optics for which Burris is well-known. A single button to activate the laser is located about mid-section on the left side of the scope. In addition, Burris provides a remote activator that can be strapped either to rifle’s forearm or to the objective bell of the scope. The remote activator makes ranging while viewing through the scope more natural and steadier.
The unique mounting system allows the lowest possible mounting of the LaserScope to the rifle. The LaserScope by nature of it’s shape positions the shooter’s eye higher than with a conventional riflescope. The Burris mounting system allows the LaserScope to be mounted at it’s lowest possible mounting which compares to normal high rings on a conventional riflescope.
For more information contact Burris at 970-356-1670 or www.burrisoptics.com