Typically, sweepstakes require little more than a name and an email address to get into the running for a prize. Weatherby, however, has put a twist on the age-old contest.
Certainly, the renowned gun maker expects to get a contestant’s vital information in its “Be Weatherby” Sweepstakes. But to win one of the California company’s firearms, Weatherby is also asking contestants which Weatherby advertisement best describes them.
From the company’s release:
“Be Weatherby,” a new online sweepstakes, offers participants the opportunity to vote for the Weatherby ad that describes them best and enter a monthly drawing for a Vanguard Series 2 or WBY-X rifle, or a PA-08 pump shotgun.
The ads, which can be viewed at www.beweatherby.com, feature the following Team Weatherby members and the character traits they exemplify:
- Ed Weatherby, president and CEO of Weatherby, Inc., “Faithful”
- Willie Bloomquist, Major League Baseball player with the Seattle Mariners, “Committed”
- Luke Branquinho, Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association four-time World Champion Steer
- Brendon Clark, professional bull rider and 14-time qualifier for the Professional Bull Riders
World Finals, “Courageous”
- Jessie Duff, champion competitive pistol shooter, “Driven”
- Chad Mendes, Ultimate Fighting Championship/Mixed Martial Arts featherweight title
- Jessy Nelson, professional Motocross/Supercross rider, “Fast”
- Bear Pascoe, National Football League player with the Atlanta Falcons, “Relentless”
- Darryl Worley, platinum-selling country music artist, “Passionate”
The contest runs until December 31, 2014.