Sometimes, you need to break a window, which means having the right tool at the right time.
You could use a baton, hammer or the muzzle of your pistol, but those have a strong downside — not the least of which is availability.
BlackHawk’s new HawkHook is a versatile rescue tool because it’s extremely compact.
The HawkHook features a folding blade that includes a glass breaker, wire stripper, bottle opener, flat screwdriver/pry tip, straight serrated cutting edge and recessed cutting edge to safely cut webbing, seat belts and parachute cord.
It’s easy to open with one hand and locks firmly with a stout frame-lock mechanism in the handle.
The glass-breaker on the tool can be used with a hammer-like motion to keep your hands away from sharp glass during window breaching. Further, it pops tempered-glass car windows like balloons. Best, the retail price is about $40.
• Blade length: 2.25 inches
• Overall length: 3.25 inches
• Blade material: AUS8A stainless steel
• Blade finish: Matte bead-blast finish
• Edge type: combination plain/partially serrated
• Handle material: 420J stainless steel with textured plastic scale
• Pocket clip: Right side, tip-down carry
Gun Digest is the national bi-weekly source for firearms news, pricing and guns for sale. Our in-depth editorial, exclusive price guide and new product features, brings valuable information to our high profile subscribers. Subscribe Now!